Work With Us
At News Deeply we believe that the best teams develop from the intersection of great talent and shared human values. We are entrepreneurs with a social mission – a passion to improve the future of news, as a vital service to society.
If you're obsessed with media, innovation, problem-solving and tackling some of the biggest issues of our times, we'd love to hear from you.
Check out the roles below and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWS DEEPLY: CHIEF PRODUCT OFFICER
News Deeply is seeking a Chief Product Officer, based in New York, to oversee all product, design, and engineering efforts across News Deeply.
Interested parties should write to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.
Who are we?
News Deeply builds networks of passionate communities that allow key stakeholders to engage with the most important issues in a subject area and exchange valuable insights. Our knowledge-driven platforms serve as the go-to hub for each topic, bringing together influencers in an immersive content experience that includes articles, videos, newsletters, data and research, community conversations and events.
Who are you?
You are an entrepreneurial product leader who is comfortable with both high level strategy and nitty gritty execution. You have experience and interest in building user-driven information communities. You have creativity and problem solving combined with a bias towards action. You’re excited to work with a values focused, mission-oriented global team and share a passion for solving the world’s information problems.
- Drive the creation and execution of News Deeply’s long-term product vision and short and medium term roadmaps
- Manage full time and contractor resources across product, design, and engineering
- Develop product experiences that are in line with new editorial and monetization models
- Ensure we are on the cutting edge of thinking and capabilities as it relates to our in-house and open source products
- Be an active part of News Deeply’s leadership team, helping to drive company-wide priorities, initiatives, and strategy
- 10-15+ years of experience in product management and product development, most recently in a senior leadership position
- Strong prior experience in designing and building both media/information and community platforms
- Deep understanding of identifying stakeholder user needs and journeys through data analysis, user research and surveying, and A/B testing, and ability to translate that into product roadmaps and design
- Technical mastery to lead, manage, and directly execute across the technology stack (Wordpress, Ruby on Rails)
- Understanding of media measurement tools and creativity to define, track, and interpret the most relevant KPIs for News Deeply
- Sharp intellect and critical thinking skills, with ability to balance near term priorities and data points with long term goals and vision
- Interest and willingness to leverage outside networks and experiences, synthesizing what has worked and what has not and applying it to News Deeply
- Experience in working within a global organization across multiple teams and timezones
- High E.Q., strong listening and collaboration skills, ability to motivate your team and colleagues
NEWS DEEPLY: COMMUNITY EDITOR, HEALTH
News Deeply builds networks of passionate communities that allow key stakeholders to engage and exchange valuable insights. Our knowledge-driven platforms serve as the go-to hub for each topic, bringing together influencers in an immersive content experience that includes articles, videos, newsletters, data and research, community conversations and events.
We are seeking a Community Manager based in New York. This person will lead audience engagement and development efforts within channels to be launched in the global and public health category. This is a high impact role, working closely with our editorial and product teams internally and with our stakeholder audience externally.
Interested parties write to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.
- Map, grow, and strengthen our audience of policymakers, academics, corporates, NGOs, and journalists.
- Engage the community through editorial projects (e.g., Q&As, op-eds), conversations on each platform and social media, live and virtual events, and user research.
- Understand and translate user needs, metrics, and journeys into actionable items to be executed in conjunction with the editorial and product teams.
- Develop and execute effective amplification and promotion efforts through social media, newsletters, and media partnerships.
- 3-5 years of experience in journalism, social media, copywriting, public relations, community outreach, user research and/or data analysis.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in amplifying content and engaging with expert audiences across social platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Quora.
- Comfort with high-touch engagement with high-level stakeholders.
- Creativity, problem solving, and grit, with ability to pick up the slack and be the glue between multiple teams.
- Team player, with experience working with and coordinating across multiple priorities and team members in several timezones.
- Domain experience in health issues (especially global or public health) and their respective communities is a big plus.
- Desire to work in a high-impact environment with colleagues who are passionate to surface vital information and connect communities on the topics that matter deeply to the state of work.
- Note: Some travel may be required.
News Deeply is an award-winning media and technology company, dedicated to providing information in the global public good. The company’s inaugural platform, Syria Deeply, is an award-winning fusion of journalism, education and digital design. Time magazine called the platform “The Future of News,” while Fast Company said it “Outsmarts the News, Redefines Conflict Coverage.” The team was honored with the National Press Foundation’s Excellence in Online Journalism Award for 2013.